Exodus 19:1-25 – Before God gave commandments, He reminded the people about what He had already done for them. We don’t do good works to be loved by God, for redemption precedes regulations.
- God never faltered in His plan given to Moses regarding Israel’s redemption (19:1-4).
- God’s kingdom covenant expected His people to live out who He prepared them to be (19:5-6).
- To meet with God, He gave the people requirements and restrictions (19:7-15).
- The people of God need regular reminders regarding the holiness of God (19:16-19).
- God revealed His Word to one so that it would be communicated with all (19:20-22).
- God saved HIs people far before He ever gave them a command to obey (19:23-25).
- If you don’t see yourself in kingdom ministry, you have misunderstood salvation.
- Obedience is not the prerequisite for salvation – it is the proof.
- Do not underestimate the holiness of God.
- The most glorious truth about God’s glory is the nearness He seeks to bring it.
- Realize that no command could be too much for a God who saved so well.