Sermon at SCBC Onward Conference 2023
2 Samuel 6:16-23 – At the end of the Ark’s reinstatement at the center of God’s people, David was surprised to encounter such disdain from one so close to him. To lead out in worship, we must learn how to handle worship naysayers.
- Our character uniquely defines and aligns us with others of equal spiritual depth (6:16).
- Genuine worship gatherings praise God and bless His people (6:17-19).
- Some of the most dangerous times of spiritual vulnerability can emerge after a rewarding experience with God (6:20).
- One of the easiest ways to neglect personal worship is by obsessively analyzing another’s (6:20).
- The secure worship leader cares about what God knows more than what anyone else thinks (6:21-22).
- Worship naysayers often miss out on God’s blessings because they are too busy judging others (6:23).
- Remember who called you in the first place.
- Resolve that you don’t require the approval of others.
- Relinquish the pressure to ensure others get it.