Join us this coming Sunday at Rocky Creek as we start 2020 by addressing our finances biblically. We will start a 5-week sermon series called Financial Proverbs.
Whenever we refuse to handle our finances God’s way, we invite unnecessary chaos into our lives. In the Book of Proverbs, God provides practical wisdom that is as relevant today as when it was first written. Discover God’s will for your money, and you will experience God’s best for your life.
- January 5, 2020 – The Other Side of the Coin [Prov. 30:7-9] – Both the rich and the poor are in danger of neglecting God’s wisdom regarding finances. No matter how much you possess, you must be careful to prioritize biblical perspectives and biblical practices.
- January 12, 2020 – The Lamentable Legacy of Laziness [Prov. 6:6-11] – While laziness seems to be an accepted cultural disposition, it significantly lessens an individual’s overall opportunities. God’s Word highlights both the blessings and the benefits of hard work.
- January 19, 2020 – What the Joneses Never Tell You [Prov. 22:7, 26-27] – The greatest obstacle to contentment is comparison. Debt seeks to secure our happiness now by committing to pay more for it later.
- January 26, 2020 – Saving for a Rainy Day [Prov. 10:15-16] – We need not wonder if hard times will come but prepare for when they arrive. God’s Word provides helpful wisdom regarding how to make sacrifices now to experience security later.
- February 2, 2020 – The Best Reason to Make More Money [Prov. 11:24-29] – The desire to get richer for selfish reasons will only lead to an impoverished life. The best reason to make more money is so that you can give it away.
2020 Sermon Series
As I prayed for preaching direction for 2020, I could not escape from the pervading stress that attacks our church family.
Financial, emotional, spiritual, and political stress seem to be at an all-time high for so many people.
With that directive in mind, I searched the Scriptures to find the needed Word for this pivotal year. Take a look where the Spirit is leading us into the Word in 2020.