At Rocky Creek, we are almost halfway through the calendar year. So, why share a list of remaining 2019 sermon series? Since the Gospel of Mark took us an entire year to get through, I haven’t shared where we are going as a church after its conclusion on Easter. I want you to pray and prepare where we are going in the Word together.
Here’s the listing:
- Mark [Following Jesus Immediately] – April 29, 2018 – April 28, 2019 – Verse by verse, we followed Jesus through the pages of the Gospel of Mark. We can’t attempt discipleship unless we have matched the Master.
- Membership Matters [The Importance of Belonging to a Local Church] – May 5, 2019 – June 2, 2019 – The local church matters to Jesus, and it should matter to us. This short series helps our folks understand what it means to commit to our family.
- Psalms [Vol. 1] – June 9, 2019 – August 11, 2019 – For the summer, let’s learn how to interact with God through a selection of 10 Psalms.
- Discipleship Series – August 18, 2019 – September 29, 2019 – This unnamed series will ramp up when school starts back and will seek to provide a practical and doable approach to
disciplinganother individual. These weeks will be essential to our next steps as a church.
- Malachi – October 6, 2019 – November 24, 2019 – We will spend 8 weeks studying the jarring words from this bold prophet. Malachi is tired of apathetic worshipers, and he confronts their sin head-on.
- Christmas Series – December 1, 2019 – December 29, 2019 – As we wrap up the year, I want to spend a few weeks attempting to reclaim a simplified version of Christmas. It seems like the weeks surrounding Christmas are so over-commercialized that we miss Jesus in the process. This unnamed series will seek to equip you to make most of Jesus during the month.
- BONUS: Philippians – January 2020 – April 2020 – And if I had to press go right now, I believe we are heading into Philippians for 2020. My prayer is to have the direction nailed down for the entire year by the end of this summer, but I have a strong leading that is where we will be starting up by studying the practices of the joyful Christian.
I am eager to get into all of these series, and I pray you are as well!
If you want to stay up-to-date with these sermons, here are a few ways to connect:
- Rocky Creek Sermon Archive – sort by
book, topic, series, etc.
- Rocky Creek Podcast – Available on 4 different platforms
- Rocky Creek App – Get all RC content through the app.
- Blog – I post all RC and outside sermons on my blog.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.