Each of us could use more peace in our lives. The Bible teaches that the true source of peace is found in God. Here are some pivotal verses on this important topic.
- Isaiah 26:3 – You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on
you,because he trusts in you.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:16 – Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.
- John 16:33 – I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the
worldyou will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
- Matthew 5:9 – Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
- Philippians 4:6-7 – Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Colossians 3:15 – And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
- Hebrews 12:14 – Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
- Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
- Psalm 4:8 – In
peaceI will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
- 1 Peter 3:11 – Let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.