With school in session, it is important to remember the God-glorifying pursuit of receiving knowledge. We are to love God with all of our mind as well (Mark 12:30). While we attempt to do that, here is an additional 10 Bible verses on learning.
- Prov. 1:7 – The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
- Prov. 18:15 – An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
- Luke 2:52 – And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.
- Prov. 1:5 – Let the wise hear and increase in
learning,and the one who understands obtain guidance.
- Prov. 9:9 – Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.
- Col. 2:8 – See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.
- Prov. 10:17 – Whoever heeds instruction is on the path to life, but he who rejects reproof leads others astray.
- Prov. 20:15 – There
isgold and abundance of costly stones, but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.
- Dan. 1:17 – As for these four youths, God gave them learning and skill in all literature and wisdom, and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.
- Ecc. 2:12 – My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.