We start a new series this Sunday that will go through the summer. We want to help you find God’s wisdom for your home.
Most of us know all too well that the closest people can bring the deepest hurt. Family relationships suffer from unnecessary pain because we fail to apply God’s clear yet direct instructions. If you want to experience a godly home, you must apply biblical wisdom.
- May 9, 2021 – A Woman’s Worth [Proverbs 31:10-31] – While we all seek affirmation from others, the source from which we seek it will determine the course of our lives. God’s Word provides clarity for women regarding the type of worth they ought to esteem.
- May 16, 2021 – The Wisdom Required to Finish Strong [Proverbs 1:1-9] – As King Solomon instructed his son in the path of wisdom, he provided sound advice, which he personally failed to keep later in his life. Wisdom is not just about possessing the correct information but ensuring the proper application.
- May 23, 2021 – The Importance of Influencers [Proverbs 2:1-22] – We can often carry deep regret simply because we listened to ungodly counsel. Our homes should lay a foundation of biblical wisdom equipping us to avoid the dangerous paths of this world.
- May 30, 2021 – Avoiding Half-Hearted Christianity [Proverbs 3:1-8] – God didn’t call us to trust Him with some of our hearts because He knows we need total commitment. Discover God’s design for a life entirely entrusted to Him.
- June 6, 2021 – Faithful Finances [Proverbs 3:9-10] – God should never be an afterthought when it comes to our finances and possessions. Learn from God’s Word what it means to honor Him with all that He has given to you.
- June 13, 2021 – When God Calls the Family Meeting [Proverbs 3:11-12] – Our Heavenly Father loves us enough to correct us when we are in the wrong. In His discipline, He is more concerned with teaching us what we should do rather than shaming us for what we have done.
- June 20, 2021 – A Man’s Mission [Proverbs 4:1-27] – Every family passes on a legacy but not every legacy is worth continuing. Men are called to lead their homes by providing biblical instruction and a faithful example.
- June 27, 2021 – Enjoying Your Marriage Again [Proverbs 5:15-23] – Couples often lose satisfaction in their marriage because they seek happiness in other pursuits. To restore the joy in your marriage, you must intentionally celebrate the gift God has given you in your spouse.
- July 4, 2021 – Restoring the Dignity of Work [Proverbs 6:1-15] – God has designed us to use our gifts to accomplish good things for the benefit of our families and others around us. To see all people succeed, we need to restore the dignity of work in our lives and in the lives of others.
- July 11, 2021 – The Destruction of Adultery [Proverbs 6:20-35] – The temptation of adultery does a masterful job of highlighting the momentary pleasure while disguising the long-term pain. You must be careful to avoid a trap of falling for anyone who does not belong to you.
- July 18, 2021 – The Progression of Pornography [Proverbs 7:1-27] – Solomon warned his son about the allurement of any forbidden woman, but she is more easily accessible in our days. Beware the trappings of lust and the consequences it is destined to bring no matter what format the connection takes.
- July 25, 2021 – Don’t Drop Your Kids Off at Church [Proverbs 22:6] – God expects parents to be the primary disciple-makers of their children. Your home will never produce growing disciples without the intentional investment of one generation into another.
- August 1, 2021 – Your Child’s Not Going Through a Phase [Proverbs 13:24] – Every child is prone to push the boundaries, but God expects parents to enforce them for their own good. Loving your child isn’t allowing them to get away with anything, but it is committing to discipline them through everything.
- August 8, 2021 – Grand Errants [Proverbs 17:6; 13:22] – Many families experience conflict because of members failing to be what the surrounding generations need them to be at the right time. You can avoid painful conflict if you understand how God has wired all family roles to interact with one another.
- August 15, 2021 – Building a Godly Home [Proverbs 24:1-7] – No one ever inherits a godly home, but it is built through the intentional application of biblical wisdom. If you want to experience your family transformed, make sure you know what to embrace and what to avoid.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.