When we were kids, we were scared of the unknown things that went bump in the night. The older we get, our fears just transition rather than disappear. We can easily find ourselves paralyzed to live the life God has called us to live due to uneasiness. It’s time to go the second mile in fighting our fears.
The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.Proverbs 28:1
- Fear Is Often Habitual – We can make fear our go-to response to unexpected surprises in life.
- Fear Is Often Unreasonable – Fear can set in so deep that we are unable to reason the depth of what is truly transpiring.
- Fear Is Often Intangible – Most things that we fear are not promised to come to pass.
- Fear Is Often Amplified – A healthy amount of concern can turn into an unhealthy amount of fear when certain amplifications are not addressed.
- Fear Is Often Negligence – Unchallenged fear is a surrender that our problems are bigger than our God.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.