Two things that are guaranteed in this life are that we will sin and that we will be sinned against. While we typically want grace for our mistakes, we want payback for others. How can a Christian filter through these scenarios? It’s time to go the second mile in overlooking offenses.
Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.Proverbs 19:11
- The Bible doesn’t forbid anger, it just warns rushing to it too quickly.
- What makes you angry says something about you.
- The people who have good sense process their hurts through their own imperfections.
- You don’t have to resolve every single discrepancy within a relationship.
- Some repeated issues must be addressed for a relationship to survive.
- Showing grace to others should be natural to those who have received so much of it.
- Don’t take everything so personally.
- Take a walk in their shoes to understand why their feet hurt so badly.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.