Sermon from Fuge 2022 – North Greenville University
Matthew 14:22-33 – Jesus walked on the water in a storm that almost capsized the disciples. Through His example and invitation, He invites us to follow Him through difficult circumstances to reach people who need hope.
- Jesus intentionally led His disciples into a storm from which He would save them.
- From His elevated perspective, Jesus always knew where His disciples were and what they needed from Him.
- The exhilaration of following Jesus can be robbed by the distraction of something lesser.
- Jesus will use any means necessary to redirect you to where you need to be.
- If I have to be in a storm, I want I AM with me.
- Fear of what might happen can rob you from the joy of what could happen.
- It’s a shame to be so distracted that you miss what Jesus is inviting you to do.
- Jesus won’t even allow our best efforts at sinking to keep Him from rescuing us.
- Where is Jesus calling you?
- What might distract you along the way?