John 1:9-14 – Since we could not make it to heaven, heaven came to us. The life, death, and resurrection of Jesus would change everything.
- Glory to God and peace upon the earth.
- Jesus’ birth announcement declared that Eden’s eviction at ended.
- A Savior was given, a virgin gave birth.
- Salvation must originate from what only God can do.
- God in the flesh lived free from sin.
- The only one able to combat sin’s punishment is He who never conformed to it.
- Jesus conveyed grace and truth from within.
- Jesus never lived as if compassion and conviction were enemies of one another.
- Recognized as teaching with authority.
- The words of Christ prove to be reliable truth transcending every unstable culture.
- Despised and rejected by the Pharisees.
- We’d rather have the god we create than the God who created us.
- Christ crucified on the hill of Calvary.
- Jesus was willing to die so you could truly live.
- Exchanged righteousness for our depravity.
- Either you will pay for your sins for eternity, or Christ has already paid for them at Calvary.
- On the third day, the Savior would rise.
- The vacancy of Christ’s tomb beckons us to more than a dead faith.