Acts 1:6-11 – Until Christ comes, He has called us to go with the gospel until all have heard. Our lives are purposed to join Him in making disciples of all nations.
- Commissioned the disciples in his ascent to the sky.
- The Great Commission calls us to make disciples – not converts.
- The Holy Spirit empowered; the gospel unashamed.
- The presence of God fuels the purpose of God.
- The Church established, giving everything away.
- When eternity is secure, the temporal becomes inconsequential.
- No amount of persecution could keep the message back.
- You can live with the world’s aggression if you have the Savior’s approval.
- Paul was converted, proclaimed the faith he attacked.
- There is no person too far gone to be changed by the grace of God.
- Among the nations, churches were multiplied.
- To believe in Jesus implies that we belong to His people.
- Letters were sent, doctrine and practice clarified.
- Disciples must continually ensure that belief and behavior are aligned with God’s Word.
- A revelation was given, for though the future seems grim.
- God’s plan is going forward even when the world seems out of control.
- Christ will return, and we will be with him.
- God’s people will dwell in God’s place, delighting in God’s presence.