Acts 1:6-11 – Until Christ comes, He has called us to go with the gospel until all have heard. Our lives are purposed to join Him in making disciples of all nations.
- Commissioned the disciples in his ascent to the sky.
- The Great Commission calls us to make disciples – not converts.
- The Holy Spirit empowered; the gospel unashamed.
- The presence of God fuels the purpose of God.
- The Church established, giving everything away.
- When eternity is secure, the temporal becomes inconsequential.
- No amount of persecution could keep the message back.
- You can live with the world’s aggression if you have the Savior’s approval.
- Paul was converted, proclaimed the faith he attacked.
- There is no person too far gone to be changed by the grace of God.
- Among the nations, churches were multiplied.
- To believe in Jesus implies that we belong to His people.
- Letters were sent, doctrine and practice clarified.
- Disciples must continually ensure that belief and behavior are aligned with God’s Word.
- A revelation was given, for though the future seems grim.
- God’s plan is going forward even when the world seems out of control.
- Christ will return, and we will be with him.
- God’s people will dwell in God’s place, delighting in God’s presence.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.