Exodus 21:33-23:9 – In addition to God’s commandments instructing individual behaviors, He also provided a type of order in which society could thrive. In these multifaceted commands, we realize that God loves justice and a culture that embodies it.
- God desires His people to take full responsibility for their actions.
- Even if jails had been available, restitution would have been preferable.
- Allowing loved ones to feel the weight of their consequences might prevent further ones.
- Blaming others for your mistakes only prolongs the needed reconciliation.
- A commitment in marriage is necessary between a man and a woman before enjoying its benefits.
- The more we sin, the more distorted our desires become.
- Any attempt at meeting sensual desires outside of biblical marriage is sinful.
- The consent you need to be worried about obtaining is God’s.
- Taking advantage of others does not please God.
- Show favoritism toward God by allowing His justice to prevail in human interactions.
- A nation must operate with a country-first practice, but a Christian is to commit to an others-first mentality.
- God is more concerned with how we handle the people we meet than the policies we keep.
God has a standard of right and wrong and supports those who seek to uphold it.