We desire to guide our congregations into deeper walks with Jesus by providing guides for spiritual disciplines. By providing different levels of commitment, we can encourage all to participate rather than feeling discouraged and defeated.
Discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness.1 Timothy 4:7
Bible Reading Plans
When I attempted to get many people on the same Bible reading plan in the past, I realized that any plan could be too much for some and not enough for others. We are all in different places.
- What if you could provide options for your church that would give them a clear plan but also provide them with encouraging partners?
- What if there was a way to keep it in front of people all year long?
Our church has created different Bible reading plans to help people go deeper into the Scriptures regardless of how disciplined they have been in the past. Based on the daily reading requirements, there are beginner, moderate, and advanced reading plans.
We recommend not choosing a more difficult plan if you have struggled with consistency.
It helps to have someone aligned with you to keep you motivated. That’s why we have a wristband that corresponds with each plan. If you commit to attempting a particular one, get the accompanying band so that you can share regular insights with people in the church you know or maybe people you don’t know. The band will give a subtle sign of what others are working on and provide an opportunity to share what God is teaching you and connect with other church members.
After our first year of completing it, I was amazed at how many people commented it was the first time they persevered through an entire year studying the Word. It provided a goal and some encouragement to reach it.
If this idea seems helpful to you, please use our resources. Take them for free, make them better, and get your people going.
Pick your plan, identify your partners, and prioritize growing your relationship with Jesus this year.
- Scope: Significant themes and moments throughout the biblical narrative
- Daily Reading: 15-20 verses
- Band Color: White
- Scope: The entire New Testament, plus Psalms and Proverbs
- Daily Reading: 1 chapter
- Band Color: Gray
- Scope: The entire Old Testament
- Daily Reading: 2-3 chapters
- Band Color: Brown
- Scope: A full read of the entire Bible
- Daily Reading: 3-4 chapters
- Band Color: Black