This week, I am hunkering down and working on the Bible study curriculum for the upcoming movie by Sherwood Pictures, Courageous. I shared on the blog a while back about how humbling an opportunity it was to work on this project. As the Kendrick brothers are working on the production side of the film right now for a September 2011 release, I have the task of sorting through the movie themes, taking their direction, and working on some of the Bible studies that will be a curriculum for a church to go through to accompany the movie.
I’ve met 2 of 4 deadlines, but the most difficult are on their way. One Bible study has been submitted for editing, but now I’ve got to work on the remaining 7. The goal of this entire project is for men to step up and be the godly fathers that He requires. There is no telling what God could do through this entire project to impact homes, churches, and even cities if the boys started rising up and become men of God.
As I lock myself away for the next few days, I would surely appreciate some prayer partners. If you can pray once, or if you can put my name or the word “Courageous” somewhere where you will see it this week and remember to pray each time you see it, anything would be much appreciated. This whole project has been bathed in prayer and I want make sure that every word that goes down on paper is from God’s leading!
Here’s specifics on how you can pray:
- Pray for alertness – It’s been a long few months of ministry and I really want awakened energy towards this project.
- Pray for accuracy – It’s impossible for me to impact every situation that people have who will be reading this, but it’s not impossible for God, so pray for accuracy!
- Pray for boldness – I don’t want to water this down, I want for men to hear God’s Word for what it really says. Pray that God’s Word speaks loudly!
- Pray for the Kendricks – As they are working hard on movie details, pray that God anoints each of their steps.
- Pray for the churches – Your church may go through this campaign or not, but we both know that God needs to wake some men up in each church, so pray for God to pave the way for this campaign to wake men up!
Thanks for your prayers, you don’t know how much I appreciate them!