Many people neglect reading the Bible due to a false assumption that it doesn’t speak to where a person is in life.
That couldn’t be further from the truth. Even as it relates to work, productivity, effort, and laziness, the Bible is very clear regarding how we should live in this world.
Here are 10 biblical tips on productivity and laziness:
- Who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works. -Titus 2:14
- Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. -Proverbs 6:6
- Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men. -Colossians 3:23
- The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied. -Proverbs 13:4
- For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat. -2 Thess. 3:10
- A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich. -Proverbs 10:4
Whoever is slack in his work is a brother to him who destroys. -Proverbs 18:9
The desire of the sluggard kills him, for his hands refuse to labor. -Proverbs 21:25
But Jesus answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I am working.” -John 5:17
- In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty. -Proverbs 14:23
God’s Word provides wisdom for how we are to be Kingdom-busy.