Preached on August 26, 2016 at North Greenville University for the Ignite 2016 Conference.
Text is Luke 23:39-43.
- Avoiding hell is not the same thing as desiring heaven.
- Our churches market a better life and label it the gospel.
- If the residents of hell believe in God and shudder, than mere intellectual ascent is incapable to grant heavenly access.
- People want the assurance of a heavenly retirement without the commitment of an earthly vocation.
- Each of us must choose between a rescue and the Rescuer.
- Jesus is not a reluctant rescuer but a ready redeemer.
- Salvation comes through admission of your guilt, confession of Christ’s perfection, and trust in his control.