You can be hopeful in the midst of suffering in this life. Your confidence can be in the fact that Jesus can handle any situation that you encounter.
- No situation is so great that Jesus can’t handle it.
- If Jesus could stop the storm, He could have predicted the storm, yet He led them through it anyway.
- If you mistake Jesus’ identity, you will overlook His activity.
- Only God has the ability to rebuke the forces of nature and the forces of evil.
- The most caring thing Jesus could do was to lead them through a storm He could control.
- If you have to be in a storm, it’s best to have Jesus in the boat with you.
- The disciples went through a great storm, Jesus made a great calm, and their response was a great fear.
- The disciples mistakenly feared a storm when they should have feared the one who could sleep through it.
- The point of this story is not that Jesus will calm your storm but that He can calm your storm.