In the “Unashamed” Fuge 2016 series, I preached a message entitled “Broken Bones” on Night 2. The sermon comes from 2 Samuel 11 & Psalm 51. It speaks of David’s rampant sin being confronted and the brokenness that followed.
- Sin can start with being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
- Sin can only be covered temporarily by an additional sin or eternally by an unconditional Savior.
- No amount of coverup will ever be able to blind the eyes of God.
- There’s a difference in being sorry that you sinned and sorry that you got caught.
- Sometimes the most gracious act that God can do is to break the consistently wandering heart.
- Receiving grace should lead to revealing grace.