The Multiply Initiative is our simple yet aggressive plan to multiply disciples. As we make disciples within our own church, our prayer is that we will see growth in our church and in the churches we plant or replant.
We believe a church multiplication model is a process that shows these important values:
- Biblical Faithfulness – The Great Commission expects us not to work to see how many attendees we have gathered but how many disciples we have sent.
- Kingdom Initiative – If we desire Kingdom work, we will prioritize the work of the Church over the work of our church.
- Cooperative Commitment – We believe that ministry can go further faster when we work together.
- Faithful Stewardship – By replicating what we do, we are able to use our resources and efforts in a greater capacity.
Jesus’ instructions for the Church regarding discipleship needs no improvement. “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all I commanded you, and behold, I am with you always even to the end of the age” (Matt. 28:19-20).
Using those four phrases, we understand that a church is composed of disciples who have:
- a commission to the nations,
- a commitment to the church,
- a commandment for discipleship, and
- a communion with Jesus.
With that as our guide, we seek to lead:
- mission partnerships,
- church ministries,
- discipleship groups, and
- worship services.
- Services – We will partner together to create and lead gospel-based worship services. These services will be based on Bible-based preaching, Bible-based worship music, Bible-based times of prayer, and Bible-based mission emphases. Aligning with the planning, series, service elements, graphics, videos, and music of our church, we will be able to provide other churches with intentional and quality worship services.
- Groups – We will partner together to create and lead gospel-based discipleship groups. These groups would provide the committed care, support, and discipleship for the church membership. In order to create an opportunity for multi-generational unity and family discipleship, all ages in the church would align with the same Bible-based curriculum. We would train all group leaders and equip the church for relational discipleship.
- Ministries – We will partner together to create and lead gospel-based church ministries. As we evaluate the needs of the congregation and the opportunities of the community, we will equip the congregation to direct age-based and need-based ministries. While providing intentional leadership within each ministry, all ministries will work together onsite and among campuses to provide the most intentional and effective ministries possible.
- Partnerships – We will partner together to create and lead gospel-based mission partnerships. We want to encourage relational evangelism to happen organically and intentional mission teams to happen organizationally. By creating local and global opportunities, the church will equip the members to live and give on mission.
- EVALUATE and assess opportunity
- RECOMMEND the next steps in the process
- AGREE to a ministry partnership with the church plant or replant team
- AFFIRM ministry partnerships as church bodies
- ESTABLISH ministry documents
- ENLIST ministry leaders
- TRAIN ministry leaders
- PREVIEW the plant or replant
- LAUNCH the church
- EVALUATE continuation every year on the anniversary of the plant