The Bible has much to say regarding marriage. Here are 10 pivotal Bible verses on this blessed union.
- Gen. 2:24 – Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
- Mark 10:9 – Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.
- Song of Solomon 8:7 – Many
waterscannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised.
- Proverbs 18:22 – He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.
- Hebrews 13:4 – Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
- Genesis 2:18 – Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”
- 1 Corinthians 7:2 – But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.
- Ephesians 5:31 – However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
- Proverbs 31:10 – An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels.
- 2 Corinthians 6:14 – Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.