Looking for Bible verses to study or memorize on a particular area of struggle? One of the best ways to see progress is by memorizing Scripture.
Here are 10 verses for overcoming anxiety.
- Phil. 4:6-7 – Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Matt. 6:33 – Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
- 1 Pet. 5:7 – Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
- Heb. 13:6 – So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
- 1 Pet. 5:10 – And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.
- Matt. 6:27 – And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
- Josh. 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
- John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
- Is. 43:2 – When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
- Ps. 37:8 – Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.