As Christians, we are called to evangelism. But why should we be motivated to do so? The more we understand Christ’s love for us, the more we will want to share it with others.
Question: What are obstacles that keep us from sharing our faith?
Why should we share?
Scriptural Motivation (2 Corinthians 4:16-5:21)
We share because …
- We have a proper perspective on eternity (4:16-5:8)
- We have a deep desire to please God (5:9).
- We know that we will be judged (5:10).
- We have an understanding of God’s holiness (5:11).
- We love Christ and others (5:12-14).
- We live for the risen King (5:15).
- We know that God will change lives (5:16-17).
- We have been invited to be involved (5:18-20).
- We have become the righteousness of Christ (5:21).
Why aren’t we motivated?
- We are afraid to witness.
- Identify what your fears are.
- Recognize that you are not alone in struggling with fear.
- We don’t know how to witness.
- Know the message.
- Know the method.
- Begin where you are.
- We don’t think we have our life in order.
- There is no perfect witness.
- God can use your struggles as a powerful witness.
- It’s not up to you; it’s up to God.
- We don’t think we have time.
- We have time for what’s important to us.
- Ask God to give us a proper perspective on time and eternity.
Application: What needs to be cultivated in your life to allow God to give you a greater burden for reaching out?